We are concerned about family...
What we do...
Being a couple or a family is an amazing gift of God but also an extraordinarily complex reality. Nowadays families are under great pressure and they are very fragile. Even believers are finding difficulties within their families. It is becoming more and more important to develop programs to support and strengthen families and to prepare young people for marriage and home building.
Who we are...
"Insieme" offers a ministry for couples and families among evangelical churches. The association has developed out of the vision of Jean-Claude and Licia Saillen. The vision materialized and has grown out of their own experience as a couple with three sons, as well as specific training and experience gained from several years of practical counseling and of teaching seminars in various churches all over Italy.
This ministry has developed with the help of other couples who share the same goals working in obedience to the word of God and with confidence in the healing power of the Holy Spirit. They would appreciate collaborating with other ministries which have the same objectives.
ACTIVITIES PROVIDED :
- Holiday Camps for families and for singles
- Seminars dedicated to life as a couple, and for parent/child relationships
- Marriage preparation course
- Seminars to promote personal growth in the Christian faith
- Christian counseling for couples, families and singles
- Meetings organized in churches based on teaching enhancement of family life and life as a couple
NEW: "Albero della Vita" project
We've started a new local project in our town, Fucecchio (23'000 inhabitants), providing services for kids, teenagers and parents 3 afternoons a week. We support kids who have academic difficulties by helping them with their schoolwork and offering an English course. We also play sports with children on Saturday, offer a clothes pantry for families, have meetings for parents regarding family issues and we offer family counseling.
PUBLICATIONS IN ITALIAN :
- A family calendar each year (with Bible verses and short teachings each week)
- "Prayer as a couple" by Nancy Decorvet.
- A book dealing with the subject "Resilience" (as yet still being written)
- A weekly radio program dedicated to family life.
- Licia’s first book: “Cerchi sull’acqua a collection of thoughts about family life
- A booklet for teenagers about sexuality ("Sesso, l'idea geniale di Dio")